High Speed Data Communication Services
STPI has been the pioneer as Data Communication Service Provider in India since 1993. In 1993, STPI- Bengaluru provided nx64 Kbps data communication connectivity to STP units through Intelsat F3 Standard Earth Station (ES) as the First International Gateway. STPI started providing last mile connectivity (point-to-point) to customer premises through owned RF/Microwave. STPI was then the first organisation to provide point-to-multipoint Microwave Radio network for Internet services in India. STP units within 30 km radius of the ES are connected through line-of-sight point-to-multipoint TDMA microwave links.
STPI caters to the data communication needs of the quality conscious Indian IT industry by providing SoftNET Services. Integrated network service called SoftNET Services, which include SoftPOINT service, providing Point-to-Point International Private Leased Line Connectivity (IPLC) and SoftLINK service, providing Internet Leased line Connectivity to software exporters doing offshore development.
STPI also holds the Category-A Internet Service Provider (ISP) license with ALL INDIA as the service area. In fact, STPI is the first commercial Internet service provider of India and the first to offer Digital Private Line through multiple-access radio network. STPI’s National service delivery and management infrastructure includes 53 independent gateways.
The salient features of the SoftPoint services are:
- High security and reliability - the point-to-point and dedicated link via telecommunication network provides maximum security and reliable transmission
- Cost-effective - saves substantial cost on international communications
- Latest Network Management tools are used to manage the services end-to-end
- Bandwidths from 64Kbps onwards
- End interfaces available are V.35, G.703 etc.
- Single point contact for all support activities
- Fault logs available on the intranet
- Network Redundancy at all levels (ie., last mile, router, switch and connectivity to Internet gateway on transmission level)
- Robust Network with multi-homed gateway
- 24x7x365 technical support, handled by well-qualified technical team
- Online bandwidth statistics to monitor the usage and enable customer to forecast future requirements
- An ISO / ISMS / SMS certified organisation
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) uptime of more than 99.5%
- Bandwidth on Demand (BoD) service for the existing Internet Leased Line Service customers
Last Mile Connectivity (Local Loop)
In the early 90s, the IT industry was growing and the demand for bandwidth was huge. While international bandwidth was available, there was a shortfall in the last-mile connectivity. To address the last mile connectivity challenges, STPI provided Microwave network catering to the immediate needs of the customers. This network was further strengthened by the addition of Point-to-Point radio networks enabling the delivery of a 2 Mbps or more bandwidth over the last mile.
STPI uses the latest software tools to design the microwave link and the same is tested in-house before implementation. Over a period, STPI microwave network has evolved to be one of the biggest microwave networks in use for data communication and has now become a true multi-vendor network.
During the post-millennium era, private operators participated in this segment and delivery of services through copper and fibre based last mile connectivity has become a reality. STPI has established a collaboration with all major service providers such as BSNL, Bharti etc. to service last mile over copper and fibre. With the last mile on copper / fibre there is considerable improvements in quality of service such as reduced delay, multiple redundancy options etc. The last mile service providers have designed the last mile in such a manner that the fibre is extended very near to the customer premises. This ensures that the last mile connectivity to the customer premises is only a few meters. The fibre switches of all the service providers mentioned above are located at STPI NOC, which reduces the provisioning time and increases the efficiency in case of troubleshooting.
Option 1: Microwave Radio Network (Wireless):
STPI has been renowned for its own Multi-point Microwave network to cater to the immediate needs of the customers. This network had been further strengthened by the addition of Point-to-Point radio networks enabling the delivery of N * 2 Mbps link over the last mile.
STPI's microwave network has evolved to be one of the biggest microwave networks in use for data communication in the country and has now become a true multi-vendor network.
Option 2: Terrestrial Network (Wired ):
Companies within Electronics City are served with own Optic Fibre Connectivity (OFC). Have understanding with all major service providers such as Tata Teleservices, Bharti Airtel, Reliance, BSNL, Power Grid, RailTel, etc. to service last mile over copper / Optic-Fibre. Quality of Service in terms of latency (< 10ms), redundancy, etc are ensured in both Copper & Optic-Fibre Connectivity.
STPI provides multiple options in last mile connectivity leaving the choice with its customers and acts as a single window for implementation and billing of terrestrial last mile.
STPI Offers Premium Service on Fibre
STPI offers Premium IP Based Services through Fibre with best service quality and comprehensive SLA.
STPI offers premium IP services through fibre backbone giving its customers another option for sound broadband connectivity. This service shall initially be positioned as a niche offering providing full duplex connectivity and minimal end to end delay.
Moreover, STPI will provide a complete SLA to its customers which shall guarantee the committed uptime. Customers can use this service for mission critical applications where latency and uptime are crucial parameters.
This service is ideal for software exporters, call centre operations and other organisations which have requirements of connectivity for real time applications, FTP and voice applications.
There is no limit to the service destination. Presently, the services are offered to destinations such as North America covering United States, Canada etc., Europe covering United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, Ireland etc. and APAC covering Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Japan etc.
SoftLINK is an internet service developed specially to cater to the needs of the IT industry. The Internet represents one of the most successful examples of the benefits of sustained investment and commitment to research and development of information infrastructure.
SoftLINK is a service offering Leased Internet access in two modes viz. Standard and Premium qualities Each having its own Quality of Service Parameters. This service was launched to cater to the rising needs of the industry for quality and committed service. Soft Link services have found a large customer base.
STPI offers high-speed Internet Leased Line Service with Premium (1:1) loading ratio at competitive rates. This service has been catering the needs of the IT industry and provides high-speed, dedicated Internet access with quality and reliability. 24x7x365 technical support, handled by a well-qualified technical team. Online bandwidth statistics allow Customers to monitor the usage and help them forecast future requirements. Service Level Agreement (SLA) for its internet network guarantees uptime of more than 99.5%.
SafeNet – Virtual-UTM
The Internet traffic is filtered, scanned and cleaned at the STPI Internet Gateway before it reaches customer network providing increased network security without having to invest on expensive on-premise security appliance. This integrates critical security functions such as firewall, intrusion detection and prevention, anti-virus, web content filtering, application content filtering, malware, Botnet etc., and provides remote admin service for managing Firewall rules, Web filtering etc. Virtual-UTM service helps customers to manage compliance requirements by automatically enforcing corporate-level polices.
Managed IT Services
STPI offers the Managed IT Services to customers across India, over the cloud to address long IT infrastructure procurement cycles, underutilization of resources, need for dynamic scalability, and appropriate disaster recovery of applications and data.
Cloud has emerged as one of the most preferred modes to consume IT. STPI has partnered with leading Datacentre and Cloud Service provider to cater to the dynamic IT needs of its customers viz. Servers, Networks, Storage, Applications, Security, Cloud, Managed Hosting Service and Disaster Recovery Service backed by SLAs.
Managed E-mail & Exchange Service
STPI-Bengaluru offers a unique proposition to customers to have immediate access to their e-mail space, without the customer having to invest on the infrastructure to meet their state-of-art business needs.
Managed E-mail is a SaaS (Software as a Service) based mailing solution, which offers:
- 99.9 % uptime
- E-mail, Admin Panel, Alias, Calendar, Address Book & LDAP
- Backup & retrieval
- Anti-spam & Anti-virus enabled
- Multi-lingual support for web interface of email service
- Synchronisation for Calendar/Events/E-mail /Tasks to Client devices as per Industry standards
- Public folders with 250MB storage
- E-mail archiving
- Supports all Web Browser, MS Outlook, Android & iPhone® native E-mail clients
- 24x7x365 support & monitoring
Co-location Services allow clients to store critical server equipment in a purpose-built facility along with other client servers. The facility is managed to provide reliable networking and power and security services. If required client can access his machines by going to the facility at any time
- 1. High precision Air-conditioning system to take care of the cooling needs
- 2. Highly Secured & robust network with committed SLA
- 3. Rack-space with standard specifications provided to place the servers
- 4. 24/7/365 technical support to restore any problems and continuous health monitoring of the server
- 5. Monthly server status reports provided
- 6. 24 hrs uninterrupted power supply with the redundant levels of backup
- 7. Fire safety and smoke detection systems
- 8. Bio-Metric access control mechanism in place in order to protect un-authorized access to server resources
Virtual Private Server
The power of IT infrastructure is directly co-related to the speed and performance of business. Virtual Private Server service delivers the raw horsepower of bare metal servers bundled with a complete suite of infrastructure services. High-end dedicated server offering high configurations of RAM and SAS/SSD disks. The service provides a powerful configuration for high-load, performance-dependent, mission-critical online requirements. The services comprise:
- Virtual server with customised configurations
- Multi-core hardware and high-performance SAN infrastructure
- Virtual Firewall / Load Balancer / UTM
- Complete monitoring and tracking of system usage
- Snapshots enabled
- On-demand compute, memory and storage upgradation
Hybrid Cloud Service
Hybrid Cloud Service allows customer to create an environment, which is a mix of Public Cloud and a Private dedicated setup, hosted within the datacentre. It enables organisations to store protected or privileged data on a private setup, while retaining the ability to leverage scalable computational resources from the Public Cloud platform to run various applications.
Hybrid Cloud deployment delivers best of features like on-demand public cloud and highly compliant private cloud. The public and private infrastructure components are bound together by standardised or proprietary technology that enables data and application portability.
Storage as a Service
The performance-based Storage as a Service is a multi-platform service, meant for public cloud, virtual servers, dedicated servers or private clouds. The Storage Service has been designed specifically prioritising both performance and secure multi-tenancy. Each tenant is provided with a unique and isolated Logical Controller Instance (LCI) with its own unique cache and CPU resources. Each LCI created is allocated a set of resources in terms of Cache Memory and CPU which can be dynamically increased/reduced seamlessly. All storage resources will be created in high availability by default. Storage service can be configured for performance and capacity based on application requirement.
Backup service is a cloud-based data protection service, which allows to back up the critical data and make it available on-demand as required by the business. Backup service provides complete control over the data, allowing it to secure it as per business requirements. The service effectively manages all available data types, including structured and unstructured workloads. Features of Backup Service include:
- Encryption or equivalent during transmission and at rest
- Backup for remote server, co-located server and virtual /cloud servers
- Data compression, offsite backup
- On-demand restore
- Offsite backup service options are based on tapes
Domain & Web Hosting Service
Domain Hosting Services
STPI's Domain hosting solutions help the customers to have a unique identity in internet world. STPI registers & hosts the domain for customer domain, which is hosted at two different network DNS servers for high redundancy. Any number of A, MX & PTR Records may be created based on request for a domain. The service can be offered from the secured DNS servers with provision for 24x7x365 help-desk support.
Website Hosting Services
STPI offers a unique proposition to customers to have immediate access to their web space, without the customer having to invest on the infrastructure to meet their state-of-the-art business needs. The customers can choose the operating system depending upon their requirements. With 99.9 % uptime, STPI offers periodic backup of the hosted site based on customer requirement. All the servers are kept behind firewall and 24x7 help-desk support is provided.
STPI will not be held responsible for the coding errors and any security threats caused due to coding mistakes of hosted websites/applications.
Tape Vaulting Service
The storage of data at off-site is known as vaulting. The storage can be on Tapes/CD/DVD/Disk, vaulted in fire-proof cabinet in a temperature-controlled environment. Features of Tape Vaulting Service include:
- Strong room with manned security, proximity card, CCTV & magnetic locks
- Individually locking fireproof unbreakable rack
- Sophisticated fire detection and suppression systems
- 24x7x365 access for customers to retrieve/recycle their vaulted tapes
- Temperature/humidity control, set to remain within acceptable limits
- Fire rated - walls, floor, ceiling, door and tape vaults
- Access-locked entrance with limited authorised access
- Logs will be maintained for the movement of media
- Card readers on all the exterior and interior doors
24 x 7 Helpdesk Management
STPI having 24*7 state of art Network Operations Centre (NOC) to continuously monitor the SoftNet services and deliver the committed service uptime of 99.9%.
Features of the Helpdesk
- 1. Round the clock online & onsite support by dedicated skilled staff.
- 2. Contact over mobile upto the Director is available in case of emergency. In emergency situation all escalations are ready for support.
- 3. Escalation are built into fault monitoring System.
- 4. All the Customers are facilitated with the Online Monitoring of their link utilization through CACTI software. For the internet traffic monitoring online traffic monitoring, Traffic monitoring server developed in-house at STPI, generates link utilization reports which can be seen by the customer on-line.
- 5. Monthly reports for the uptime for all customers is generated using the Fault Report Management System (FRMS), developed in-house at STPI. These monthly reports are sent to the customers on request.
STPI is an ISO certified organization. All processes followed are well documented.
Following is the trouble shooting process:
- 1. Customer can log an outage call through telephone, email, fax or SMS.
- 2. When a customer logs a call, a trouble ticket is generated and provided for the case reference with a record of customer details and problem feed.
- 3. L1 team troubleshoots the problem and confirms the link stability status with the customer. Once customer satisfaction is confirmed the trouble ticket is closed.
- 4. If the problem resolution is beyond the reach of L1 team, the call is escalated to next level for problem resolution.
- 5. Known Error Database is updated with the nature of problem and troubleshooting for further speedy resolution of similar issues.
Disaster Recovery Services
Disaster recovery focuses on the IT systems supporting critical business functions which involves keeping all essential aspects of a business functioning despite significant disruptive events. STPI provides wide-range of managed disaster recovery services to customers which include:
- Server Co-location Services
- E-mail Relay Services
- Tape Vaulting Services
- SAN Services (Remote data backup)
Technical Support Services covers the Operation & Maintenance Support
Summary of the work to be undertaken by the STPI are as below:
- Call Handling
- Network Management Services
- Server Management Services
- Desktop Management Services
- Virus Management Services
- Network Security planning
- Backup & Recovery Management Services
- Data Centre Environment Management Services
- Resource utilization monitoring and Resource Planning
- Up gradations, Patch Management
- Bi-annual Performance Audits
- Bi-annual Capacity Audits
STPI has always aspired to maintain the committed quality of service and availability.
In accordance to the available data STPI has maintained the service uptime of 99.9% for the services. Our organisation is equipped with 24 x 7 Hrs Technical Helpdesk Staff for On-Line support to our Customers problems with adherence to the SLA commitment.